Sunday, May 25, 2008

Oh yeah I have a personal blog, too

Long time no see, sexy readers. I am not sure whether I could get any lamer, but I've been covered up by paid blogging and other work, and often have a hard time getting down to it, so truth be told, I've been spending too much time on the couch with my laptop, surfing stupid news and playing stupid games. Then I feel guilty so I end up "working" 10 hrs but billing for 6 because I was so unproductive.

Blargh. I'm working on some "new rules" to remedy this situation, lest I become one of these dead bloggers. These new rules will likely include walking the dog first thing in the morning instead of going straight to work in my jammies (I do walk her, and get dressed, within a few hrs--I swear), trying to wake before 10am (and bed down earlier too), smoking less ganja, playing fewer games (this may involve removing Scramble from my Facebook apps, but I'm gotta finish the game my little brother started with me first) and putting the fucking computer down by a certain time each evening. Hopefully, this will make my worktime more productive and therefore shorter, and free up more time for...whatever.

Anyway. Now that you know how lame I really am, here are some updates since the last time I blogged:
  • The Kitty Show was a ton of fun. I am now even more in love with Erin Markey (seriously. I don't toss the word genius around, but she really is) than I was after the Sex Workers Art Show. Also love love loved Nicole Reynolds and have been alternating her two albums with the Bonsoir Catin album I bought after I got back from New Orleans (yay lesbian music).

  • Mr. Man and I bought camping gear that includes 2 cammo sleeping bags (traditional green for him, pink for me, though we expect to be zipping them together) and will be hitting Camp Henlopen in Delaware the day after the Mermaid Parade.
  • Our recycling bin got stolen. The one we paid $6 for. This actually happened while I was in New Orleans, and I guess that Miss D (who has since moved back to Seattle) walked up and down the alley looking for it, to no avail. We should have put our fucking address on it.

  • Roach season is in full swing. I also noticed some tiny black ants on the counter the other day, but the roaches are fucking cuh-razy. They swarm poor Bitsy's food atop the fridge, and when I go into the kitchen at night they are often all over the fucking stove. Ugh. I've never had kitchen roaches before, at least not to this extent, and not to be a baby or anything (they're not as scary as the eye-lash legged millipedes I had in my basement apt in DC) but they're grossing me out big time.

  • The Bearded Lady is back in P-town. She's probably shoving a hollow needle through a nipple right now. We are not sure when we'll be up to see her, but are definitely hoping to get up there between now and Labor Day, when she closes up shop, to crash on her floor and make her spend her precious few non-working summertime moments with us, at least for a few days. Last year, Mr. Man and I went swimming there and saw a fucking seal, not 20 yards away, playing with a fish. The next day, I got pierced (in the nether regions) about 15 min before our ferry was supposed to leave and then we had to run down to the pier. We made it, though we'd rather have stayed. Ah...summer.
That's about it, I guess. June is right around the corner, and Mr. Man and I both have birthdays within the first 2 weeks of it. And we have, as yet, no plans! Pretty unusual for us...I, for one, am a little overwhelmed at the prospect of being in a town where I still have so few friends on my birthday (even though I feel like I should have outgrown the need to celebrate, especially on my birthday proper, by now). If you feel like kicking it, give a girl a call.

No comments: